Sandbank Nursery School & Playcare
“A special kind of place where we play and learn together”
At Sandbank Nursery School and Playcare we strive to create a happy atmosphere where learning is fun. Where children, parents and staff learn together and where all develop to their maximum potential
We believe children learn most effectively by using all their senses and through their own activity and first hand experiences. The learning environment is carefully planned so that children grow in independence and take increasing responsibility for themselves.
Each child is an individual and has needs that should be met in an atmosphere that celebrates diversity. Children need acceptance and approval in order to develop a positive concept of self and grow in confidence and self-esteem.
- To create a safe, secure and stimulating environment
- To encourage children to grow in confidence and self-esteem
- To create an environment where children can express choices, make decisions and grow in independence
- To plan activities that ensure each individual reaches their maximum potential in all areas of the foundation stage curriculum
- To encourage children to co-operate with and respect each other
- To support parents and carers in their role as educator and value their contribution
- To promote a brighter future for us all by developing the potential of the whole school community, children, parents and staff